This land has been used as a burial site since 1714, just after the establishment of the first Church structure. This parcel of land was included in the original Town Charter of 1669. The oldest tombstone dates to 1750, although many burials predate it. This is the final resting place for many early, noteworthy Woodbridge families, including the Barrons, Dunhams, Bunns, Jacques, and Pikes, to name but a few. Other significant graves belong to veterans of each war, beginning with the American Revolution. One of the oldest in New Jersey, the cemetery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The First Walking Tour of Woodbridge. A walking tour of historic sites in Woodbridge
Map of Historic Area #1