Built in the last decade of the nineteenth century, the FitzRandolph House sits upon the site of one of the earliest special learning institutions of Woodbridge. From 1793 to 1880, this was the site of the Woodbridge Academy. The building was later demolished and the current structure was completed in its place. Between 1915 and 1920, this was the site of Woman’s Suffrage Movement meetings. The building was purchased by Asher FitzRandolph in 1923. FitzRandolph was a descendant of Nathaniel FitzRandolph, who came to Woodbridge in 1670. The FitzRandolph family was among the early, prominent settlers of Woodbridge in the late seventeenth century. In 1958, the Csaki family purchased the house from the widow of Mr. Fitz Randolph. Today, it is known as the Csaki Building, which houses professional offices, including those of State Senator Joseph Vitale.
The First Walking Tour of Woodbridge. A walking tour of historic sites in Woodbridge
Map of Historic Area #1